Thursday, July 31, 2008

Powell River Sunsets














These two images are taken within minutes of each other.  The beauty of the digital camera is taking multiple shots and being able to see the results almost immediately.  While I like the colouration of the second image better, the first one is composed better by framing in the sunset.  

In post production, I would also increase the saturation of the orange to make it pop more. Here is what that looks like.  I increased the saturation of the orange sky, increased the blackpoint, and added a bit of exposure as well.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes. Digital definitely provides more options. So do you take both JPG and RAW format images with your camera?

I hate my dad's whizbang D300. Tonight there was a beautiful rainbow in the sky. I raced to get his camera, then went outside to take the shots. I kept getting an fEE error, which I later found was some kind of lens alignment problem.

At least I snapped a shot on my cellphone. I'll have to play with your saturation trick to enhance the colours.